Monday, March 31, 2008

You are not Ready for the Laughing Buddha


Buddha - the enlightened bringer of prosperity and calm.


Pewter - a metal allow, consisting of tin and copper, used to forge decorative items.


So a pewter Buddha should be all I need to make my journey into prosperity, health, calm and enlightenment.


But the Bravisa Gold Trimmed Pewter Laughing Buddha has exceeded my reach. It's greatness does not fall in with my budget.


Is this not a paradox?

Shouldn't I be forsaking my budget to achieve my Buddha?


And if I am worrying about my Buddha, does that mean that I need it MORE than I thought?


And is trimming the Buddha in gold sacrilege? In fact, is this or is this not a False God?


But on the other hand, isn't the Gold Trimmed Petwer Laughing Buddha laughing because he KNOWS that these questions will be asked...and their answers will never reach a meaningful conclusion?


In fact, is he not laughing becasue he KNOWS too much thought is going into the attaining of this wonderful 5" x 4" statue?


Has Yoga for Men enlightened me....or only led me FURTHER into the darkness called 'choices'?


AH! Gold Trimmed Pewter Buddha! You tooy with my Kharma! My very EXISTENCE is now in question! Should I persue the Buddha, the Budget or Both?!?!?!




Brought to you by www.Squidoo.com/YogaForMen




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are quite ready for the Laughing Buddha. I have had one in my office for a number of years. As he is in Bali he has his own little gold coloured umbrella and offerings every day - especially coffee, arak and the odd cigarette too.

For another look at Yoga and Yoga artifacts please take a look at Yoga Jewelry with Soul Thanks!