Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Basic Yoga Poses on YouTube (2015)

When I look back at the most popular posts on this blog, the over all champion is a post I wrote about learning basic Yoga poses on YouTube.

But I'm not linking to that post because when I revisited it today I saw that the channel I had been talking up...is no longer there!

So today I did some research and found 3, new, up-to-date links that I believe are worth visiting.

Yoga for Men - 5 Beginner Poses
This video is a little more than 4 minutes long.
It moves a little fast, but luckily it's video so you can pause and re-watch at will.
The poses themselves are indeed basic.

5 Key Yoga Poses for Men
This video is a little longer...6 minutes...and while the poses are similar I think you'll enjoy all the extra explanation of technique that goes into it.  A lot of thought went into WHY we do these poses.

10 Minute Yoga for Men Beginner's Routine
Now that you know the poses, you can do a full out routine.
This video is about 13 minutes long, but you don't get to your first pose until minute #3...so watch it all the way through the first time, but if you use it "regularly" as your morning routine you can fast forward a bit each time.


(YouTube has made it SO easy to learn to do new things! I can't tell you how many things I've built or repaired with the help of a few videos!)

In fact, you might also want to check out YogaDownload.
They offer video classes on ALL things Yoga
The library is extensive...and they have FREE Video classes as well!


No comments: