Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Naked Yoga for Men in Texas. WHY?!?!

OK, let me take a second to say that I have no problem with homosexual men 'per se'.
But I ran in to a quandry earlier today and I feel the need to 'air it out' here. And I think Texans need to know about it, too!

I went onto to Google to see what other facts and figures about Yoga for Men I could share with you. I get 4 or 5 entries down the page, and there it is: Dallas Naked Yoga for Men. And I'm, like , NO WAY!!!! BLEAUGHGH!

It's hard enough, as a guy, to be taken seriously for doing yoga.
All I need is the world to think I do NAKED Men's Yoga and I am finished.

BUT WAIT...!

4 searches down FURTHER: Austin Naked Yoga.
Yeah, go on. Click the link. You are NOT going to see Pam Anderson and Claudia Schiffer in any sexy poses....

Remember the movie "Officer and a Gentleman"? The Marine drill seargent tells a new recruit "Texas? Nuthin' but Queers and Steers in Texas!"

I never, ever, ever, ever associated Texas with queers OR steers. In fact, I thought most cattle was raised in Oklahoma. Shows you what I know.

The bottom line is, that here I am pushing Yoga as a difficult and serious work out practice for men...and Google is listing Yoga for Men as a high ranking listing for alternative lifestyles.

I had no idea...

Nevertheless, I am undeterred. Perhaps my friends wil not take me seriously, but I know what I know. And what I know is that yoga kicks butt. YOUR butt, tough guy.

Check out Progressive Power Yoga. Only a real man would use 'Power' and 'Yoga' in the same sentence.

How about Sonic Yoga. Sonic Boom, Sonic Yoga.
Manly, right? Like "I'm a superhero and I'll crush you right after I do this VERY difficult Yoga pose!"

Lastly, there's the "Flexible Warrior" DVD collection of work out videos.
You can't use 'Warrior' in a title unless it kicks butt.
Doesn't matter how Flexible you are, if you are a 'warrior' that's a different story.

So people, my point is this:
I AM in favor of Men doing Yoga.

I am NOT in favor of men doing yoga naked.

I AM in favor of you going to the Yoga for Men lens and learning more about the manly art of Yoga.

I am NOT in favor of going to Texas to find groups of Naked Men doing Yoga.


But that's just me....

2 comments:

Yogadawg said...

You might find this amusing as regards Yoga for Men. Perhaps someday...:)

http://yogadawg.blogspot.com/2007/11/yoga-news-innovative-new-magazine.html

emilyscott said...

There’s nothing mystical about it.Nor is it external. Rather it is an inner faculty. Yoga endeavors to re-establish inner balance through a variety of ways, ranging from the gross to the subtle. Which is why it is considered a holistic art.Rather than prescribe treatments, yoga therapy encourages awareness.


Women's Health