Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Real Men, Yoga and Children

So, real men now can do yoga and still be 'real men'.

Let me tell you what I did, Yoga-wise, that PROVED I'm a real man:
I invited by 8 year old daughter to join me.

I love my little girl. We have a lot in common. She's a feminine little princess that likes to watch Football with me. She also likes to play princesses and dance to You Tube videos.

I love her so much taht it pains me when things are less than perfect for her.
While she's involvved with Soccer and Dance, she still is having a hard time geting rid of the baby chub. She's not terribly 'limber', either. Couple this with the fact that despite (finally) having her toncills and adnoids removed, she still strugglges with coughing and throat clearing. (I won't bore you with all the details in this post, but so far it's not allergies and it's not asthma)

So, the thought occured to me...why doon't we do yoga together?
The worst that can happen is that she doesn't like it and refuses to do it.
The best that can happen is she becomes more limber, and brethes more easily.

I'd love to be able to tell you that it was an overnight success, but let's be reasonable.
Most 'great ideas' take a while to be 'proven'.
Today was our first day, and while she has joined me in past Yoga attempts, she (and I) had to re-learn a little.

Occassionally, I'll share withyou an update.
I don't want to bore you with the family album...but I plan to have great results to share over time.

No comments: