Sunday, November 11, 2007

Namaste!



I used to think that Yoga was for very flexible, skinny women who ate granola and lit incense.
I may not be 100% wrong, but I never gave thought to the number of men who do yoga.
Not granola-eating, incense-lighting men. I mean fit, health conscience men who care about thier physical and mental health.
I discovered yoga when I was in a place in my life where not only did I want more 'working out' time (I couldn't afford the gym) and I wanted a healthier lifestyle. I wanted to feel good about what I ate, how I breathed and how I 'thought'.
There are many, many blogs and websites about Yoga. Of them, there is a subsection that deals with "Yoga for Men'. (I say this because, as an example, there are yoga websites, principles and diets for pregnant women.)
My goal is to scan the universe of yoga blogs and websites, and then combine the information with my own experiences so that other men doing or considering yoga can be better informed, and hopefully a little entertained.
Yoga allows you to open your mind, your heart and your soul so that you are healthier and more able to appreciate your surroundings. You don't neccessarily need incense or candles or green tea...but you can make those decisions for yourself.

No comments: